Saturday, February 3, 2007

new york jodi

I am a Jodi.

There is a theory, however, that has been tossed around my family for years that I may, in fact, be a Julie. The theory has evolved because I have a twin sister and we may have been, as in any good soap opera, "switched" at birth.

But I don't buy it. I am definitely a Jodi.

A couple of months ago, I Googled myself. (You've done that before, right?) At any rate, cool things popped up, including this website, http://www.jodiverse.com/ , the title of which cracked me up: "Because I Say So! Bite-sized bits of tender bitchiness from your favorite wandering Jew." Jodi, a Jewish New Yorker. I was immediately hooked.

I read several of Jodi's blog entries and checked out her photos of New York ~ which are great, by the way ~ and after signing her guest book, decided to shoot her an email. She wrote me back. Happy surprise. :)

She is, as are her blogs, honest and witty and warm. And although I've never met her, she's someone I already like. We both stated how there just aren't very many of us 'Jodis' in the world ~ I mean really ~ when was the last time someone you know had a baby and named it Jodi???

You see, I've always wanted to visit New York. My husband has said that I would never survive a trip to NY ~ that the town would "chew me up and spit me out". But I don't think so...I think I could handle it. Everyone needs to see the Statue of Liberty, take a walk down Broadway, and buy illegally-made faux-designer purses in Chinatown...wouldn't you agree!?

I like to think that like my New York counterpart, I too am witty and honest and warm. I have envisioned Jodi to be pretty daring and brave ~ I think you'd probably have to be to live in NY. I want to be more like her in that regard ~ a little more unafraid to take chances ~ more open to adventure.

Who knows what happy surprises may lay on the other side of my reticence!?!?

2 comments:

Shana said...

Surprise! :o)

I hope this one is happy, too.

Dawn Golden said...

Jodi from New York IS daring and brave. ABSOLUTELY ;) to know her is to love her.
...and yes, honest is a direct slam dunk! honest, frank, funny, bright, sassy, bold... are these traits of yours also?
As an aside, I know a Jodi, in Massachusetts, who is bright and honest. I don't know if she is really "daring" so... perhaps daring isn't a rule to being Jodi-licious!