Friday, February 9, 2007

happy little trees

i love bob ross. i mean it...I LOVE HIM!!!

you know the bob ross i'm talking about ~ joy of painting ~ afro ~ a voice that's indescribably soft and smooth and tranquil. i read on a message board once that bob ross was both the perfect thing to watch and/or listen to while getting stoned and then again later when you're coming off a hangover or buzz. take your pick ~ anytime is a good time for some bob.

bob ross + you tube = pure genius. now, while i'm working on my computer i can listen to bob.

good grief, this man is relaxing. right now, as i'm typing this, he's painting a place "where a little mountain goat can hide". of course he's already painted happy little trees, discussed how "God was having a good day when he made Alaska", beaten "the devil out of the brush", and reminded us that "we don't make mistakes...we only have happy accidents."

one of the many things i like about bob is that when he is painting trees, he never paints just one ~ he always gives him (the tree) a friend. bob says in almost every episode, "you know me, i think everybody needs a friend." amen, brother. preach on.

if you haven't listened to or watched bob in a while, check him out on the link below. tell me that your heart rate hasn't dropped a little, or your muscles haven't relaxed, or you simply don't feel better after spending some time with him. it's my both my challenge and my gift to you.

i love you, my friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gH_38KPUkg

1 comment:

Dafni said...

Oh man Jodi, even after talking to you about Bob Ross the other day at the Y, I still found myself cracking up about what you wrote about him - but yeah, it sure does relieve some stress to listen to him and watch him paint. hahaha, good times... good times.