Saturday, September 8, 2007

pumpkin update

in a previous post, i talked about how a renegade pumpkin seed decided to take root and go crazy in the flower bed beside our house. i am now thrilled to announce the "birth" of our first baby ~ which you can see here! baby pumpkin #1 is over 16 inches long, but we haven't weighed him yet. we will be cutting his umbilical cord within the next couple of days, and he will be on display for visitors next week. (heehee)


we are also happy to announce that we are expecting two more bundles of joy, as you can see from the pictures below:





at the risk of sounding cliche, we consider these pumpkins to be something of a miracle. i mean, God made these little fellas out of one tiny seed! it's just way too cool...

2 comments:

jaki good said...

it is a miracle!! and great pictures jodi - you swinger of birches and grower of pumpkins!

Tersie said...

How exciting! I want a pumpkin patch in my yard! I guess I need a "renegade" pumpkin seed. Actually, if you saw all the weeds growing in my yard (blush) you'd understand why I wouldn't be surprised to find a renegade ANYTHING already growing in my yard!!! hehehe!!!