Saturday, September 8, 2007

a different kind of fantasy

leo and i have been on a diet for the past few weeks, and it's working. i've lost over ten pounds. but lately, i have been missing the decadence of food. to get myself to sleep these last few nights, i have been fantasizing about the cajun chicken linguini alfredo and cheddar biscuits at red lobster...

sometimes i think that if i could wish for anything, i would ask for the ability to eat whatever i want, in large quantities, and not gain a pound. food is my vice. there is nothing better than a wonderful meal, shared with equally wonderful people.

sigh...

3 comments:

ESnod said...

Funny that you love that dish so much. That is my favorite there as well....

Tersie said...

hehe ... You're so funny. Doesn't fantasizing about that decadent food make you crave it even more?? You can learn how to make similar dishes that aren't so full of the "bad" stuff. Sometimes the addition of just enough of the right spices can make all the difference and you won't even miss the "bad" stuff. Oh, I've been on the verge of terrible with my own "healthy living" plan. I need to get back on the ball. I've tried this week. Things are so up and down that some days I really just don't care. I'll get there ... eventually. ;)

T5Guy said...

I am on a diet too. We are having a "Biggest loser" contest at work. Honestly, I have not been very motivated. I have been losing a few pounds a week. Last week i gained. I was upset. So this week I changed my routine. I ate less, i ran more. I don't think I have lost a pound all week. I weigh in on Wednesday morning. I am freaking hungry. I am doomed to always be, "husky". Like that word never gave me a complex when i was a child...."Marty, what size jeans do you wear? Size 12...Huskies?" Talk about a label on my head!

Jen is dieting and exercising as well. I don't ask her how much she has lost, but I think she looks great and is doing a great job. i made cookies the other day for the girls, I think they may have been to tempting for her ;) Did I say I was freaking hungry?...sorry that comment was very random :)