Wednesday, May 2, 2007

affirmations all around

it's time for you all to hear some positive things about some of the women who frequent my blog space...

tersie (theresa) - first of all, this girl gave me the best hug on sunday morning! if you want to be inspired by someone who is absolutely striving to be the best she can be, check out her blog. amazing. i wish i had a fraction of her motivation and dedication.

jen - mrs. ford, the violinist. infinitely sweet with a wonderful laugh. i love to make her giggle! jen is a truly authentic soul. she is one of those rare people who, after meeting her the first time, i felt like we had already been friends forever.

lauren - the reason that i most admire lauren is this: she keeps plugging along when most others would have quit. she is willing to fight ~ to be undaunted. she is more spiritual at her age than i ever dreamed of being. and she is quite simply, adorable with a killer smile!

jenn r - i think that jenn and i may have been separated at birth ~ we always seem to be on the same page about things! i got to spend the day with jenn last friday, and what i love about her is her passion for outreach and touching the less fortunate. she is an example of what jesus said, "this is how others will know you belong to me...because of your LOVE."

aunt jujy (julie) - amazing sense of humor. she loves my kids, and they love her back. juj is strong and brave, although she may not think of herself that way. she doesn't realize the number of times i sent her out in life to "test the waters" first so that i could safely follow.

phyllis (amlin. posted a comment on my blog as 'anonymous', but i KNOW it was her) - gentle soul. loving soul. sweetness of spirit. if you don't know her yet, tell me, and i will introduce you. you're missing out...

peggy misita - i mean this sincerely...peggy is the most incredible mother i know. so patient. so optimistic. every day, she runs the most difficult and challenging race in the world with her daughter, belles...and she never complains. she's never tired. she's never whiny. she never feels sorry for herself. she has refused to give up. peggy is the closest thing to 'wonder woman' that i have ever seen.

heather - talk about strong. holy mackerel. and determined. geesh. i want and need to be more like heather! i think that the phrase "you go, girl!" was invented just for her!!!

in several of my previous small groups, we would end our time together affirming one another. it was always a time of humility and authenticity. as women and as christians, we should be actively involved in the process of building each other up. i honestly think it's what He would have us to do.

4 comments:

Jenn Ruggles said...

Wow I don't think anyone has ever said anything so nice about me, I cried.

Tersie said...

Jodi -- you are so sweet. That hug on Sunday was exactly what I needed. I had reached a such a low point from the events of the week, that I didn't even want to go to church. I finally got myself gathered together enough to get to church. It started with that hug. I was then inspired by so many different people and touched by Steve's message. It was exactly what I needed. I had a beautiful Sunday. And it all started with that hug. :) Thank you!

theviolinist said...

you are so kind...i feel the same way about you girl! thank you for the kind words...i love ya bunches!

Anonymous said...

Aww shucks! You are the greatest mommy too! I hope my kids have only half the compasion and sweetness yours do. You are a wonderful role model. BFF!!!
Pegs