Sunday, September 7, 2008

for erica

"Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other." - John 13:34-35

we are very blessed to have matt and erica as neighbors. erica and i were talking last week about feelings of intimidation and guilt that well-meaning believers have imposed on us in the past. i was telling erica about the scripture above, and how i remembered steve speaking on it one sunday.

at river valley, we believe in small things done with great love, and their ability to change the world. over the past two days, i've had to borrow a can of soup and some band-aids (not at the same time) from matt and erica. and they've given those things with love. as a matter of fact, when i offered to pay matt for the soup, he simply replied, "hey, small things..."

so, erica, (and matt too, what the heck),

this is how i know that you belong to jesus...by your love.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love Matt & Erica! I have the privilege to work with Erica and I love the fact that we can bounce ideas off of one another constantly with no judgment. : )

T5Guy said...

I am always surprised at the fact that people often forget about love. That is a great verse in John...wow. They will know you follow me because of the love that they see..that Jesus guy really had something there. We played at a church on Saturday night and we closed with "I believe". It has become one of our signatures songs we leave people to ponder when we play out. It is amazing how quick people pick up on the chorus and just own it... i hope Love is what people see when they hear us sing it...

ESnod said...

Jodi,

This is so nice. And for all of you to know, Jodi gives a lot to us as well. Whether I need a pair of soccer shorts, someone to watch my children, or someone to make it all seem better, I know I can count of Jodi, Leo, and both of her wonderful children! Nevertheless, I see Jodi giving of herself to anyone that needs it, without hesitation. The neighborhood we live in is amazing. It is truly a community.

Love ya!
Erica