Monday, May 12, 2008

*represent

(*click here for the definition of represent, 'cause you needs to know what that shizzle means)

teaching is a give-and-take occupation. hopefully, i give more than i take. and more importantly, i hope that what i give holds some life-long value for my students.

sometimes, however, what i take from my kids is just plain silliness. for example, i've learned that i need to keep my "pimp hand strong", which according to the urban dictionary means that i "keep control of my ho's" or "maintain control of my pimpin' business." uh....yeah.

last year, as you may remember, i learned how to pimpify my name. click here for a refresher.

four years ago, my students philip and aaron shared "schfifty five" with me. pure stupidity. but my goodness, it's wonderful for a ridiculous, brainless laugh every now and then.

so anyways, last week during dismissal, my kids asked if i had seen any of the "scary movie" or "saw" franchises:

"uhm, no. absolutely not. are you kidding?"

"oh my gosh, mrs. gillen, you don't know what you're missing!"

then they promptly showed me this clip on youtube, and i proceeded to laugh my head off. it's a parody of tom cruise flipping out on oprah a few years ago, and of course it's utterly absurd, but that's the point.

watch it all the way through, and let me know if you at least chuckle a little bit. and if it makes you giggle, i'll pass on your thanks to my kids...cause if you're like me, you appreciate a good laugh whenever you can get one.

2 comments:

evans_girl said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW that's creepy! Poopty Puety Pants

Anonymous said...

okay- i did more than chuckle...i peed!
:)
Peg