Sunday, July 26, 2009

random thoughts on a sunday evening

  • what is the filmy residue that builds up on the inside of the front windshield of my car? does anyone else have this?


  • i heard the song "rock of ages" by def leppard a little while ago on xm radio. it reminds me of you, d.j. owens.


  • i would like to create a web site just for people who can't sleep in the middle of the night. that way, insomniacs (or people who are just plain full of anxiety) can log on, chat, and know they're not alone.


  • ian has started referring to his genitals as his "willy wonkas". i have no idea where that came from. he usually just refers to them as his "boys".


  • have any of you seen the "coming home" series on ESPN that's hosted by rick reilly? excellent show. i've seen it twice, and both times, rick has featured christians: kurt warner and josh hamilton. leo wants me to email rick and see if he'll do a special on chuck ealey.


  • my kids are currently dancing/jumping up and down on my bed while watching zac efron sing "lady's choice" from the movie hairspray. zac is awfully cute, if i do say so myself.


  • philip burguieres is one of my heroes.


  • when my sisters and i were little, our father would make us be quiet during the opening themes of tv shows so he could tape them on his tape recorder. i can still remember him shushing us and holding the white, rectangular microphone up to the television. (he only did this during the 1970s.) my personal favorites are here, here, here, and here. in the 1980s, i fell in love with this, this, and the best tv opening of all time: this.

  • have you ever had a paranormal/ghostly experience? i have smelled my grandmother's cigarette smoke a few times since she died in 1991.

  • true or false: "you can't control how you feel."

  • what song do you have stuck in your head, right now?

  • i love comments. leave some comments. nice comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe, the residue is left from
all the hot air generated by
conversation and good loud music.
I use the automotive glass cleaner-does a great job!
I use it indoors as well.
Sometimes, I have to buy the
bottles in the auto store.

Unknown said...

Where the heck are the themes to Hawaii Five-0 or the Waltons?

anna said...

"Total Eclipse of the Heart"




I always wondered what I would tell my little boy to call them. Willy Wonkas is perfect!