Saturday, November 3, 2007

hanging on



despite hard frosts this week that wiped out its brothers and sisters, this petunia is still blooming. i'm not sure how...

i love petunias. striped petunias remind me of my great-grandmother, gertrude voelker smith. very german lady. lived on germany road. she and my great-grandfather, victor, brewed their own beer in their basement. they lived on a beautiful farm, with a cozy house and traditional american red barn.

so anyways, back to the petunia...

i love that today, the day when we set our clocks back, and darkness creeps back into our schedule...that today, i found a sign of life in my own back yard.

this petunia adds a little more color to my world. and for that, i am grateful.

1 comment:

Tersie said...

I also love petunias! I have a couple of roses in my back yard that I took a photo of on Halloween. How often do you have brand new roses blooming on Oct. 31? Crazy weather.