Monday, March 5, 2007

throw some songs at me!

okay, i am now into my third week of officially working out. it's a jesus thing...don't ya know?

leo (my devoted and humble Catholic hubby) and i were trying to decide what to sacrifice for lent. last year, leo gave up tv. it was amazing. right in the middle of ncaa march madness...of course catching up on footage and scores on his laptop didn't count as watching tv, but i digress...

so this year, we decided to give up being lazy. i.e. start moving more. after all "slothfulness" is one of the official seven deadly sins, certain to toss your rear end into purgatory at least for a little while. so we joined the Y and the whole family is now becoming more healthy.

i've also been downloading songs like crazy onto my mp3 player so i can exercise to them. trouble is, i tend to get tired of the same songs over and over again. does that ever happen to you? you absolutely adore a song, then download it, play it to death, and it loses its zing?

i hate when that happens.

so, my dear friends, and whoever else reads this blog, i need some good workout music. something peppy ~ i don't care what decade it's from. give me your suggestions and i will "yea" or "nay" them.

just don't recommend "eye of the tiger" or some inspirational crap like that. :)

thanks guys!

4 comments:

T5Guy said...

I have been running to Jeremy Camps new cd "Beyond Measure" good stuff. I really don't listen to the new style of Hip Hop...which is probably what you are looking for...

Tersie said...

I really don't know what you like to listen to. I like Todd Agnew for instensive stuff - it's got a good beat and it's easy to dance to. Oh, that's a flash back! hah!

theviolinist said...

Any of the faster-paced Big Daddy Weave songs...Set Me Free, New Every Morning, Fields of Grace...these are all from the Fields of Grace cd...Also Jars of Clay "Work" from the Good Monsters cd...I'll try to make you a cd of a mix, and bring it to church on Sunday. or, maybe you'd like a little "Sexyback" from J.T.:)

Tersie said...

"so long self" by Mercy Me is a good one too!!